Saturday, April 13, 2013

Nerd up report. (04/10/2013) Back dated.



04/10/2013

Never Ending Sagas

Yesterday Warner Bros. Games has announced that they will be taking over Rock Steady’s Arkham franchise for the next installment of Batman games. This could be a very bad thing or a very good thing, bad because they could ruin the franchise myself and so many other love. Good because we may get a unified game universe from them sometime in the future. The Bad weighs heavier than the good in my opinion as DC WB's has been making very poor decision as of late regarding not only their comic book properties, their cancellation of Young Justice and Green Lantern Corps. I'd love it if this game were unto Arkham city as it was to Arkham Asylum and just kept getting better and with Deathstroke the Terminator (That's Right!) as the main antagonist along with five other assassins I’ll make an effort to hold out hope.

Also Apple pulled Saga #12 from its online store because of two "postage stamp size" scenes of gay sex. Brian K Vaughn one of the series creators explained that they could've edited the Images but they weren't there for shock value or their own sake so and I quote "They're not changing shit." In response to this Comixology released a statement claiming that Apple didn’t pull Saga #12 but will be releasing it at a later date due to some guideline issues, I honestly don’t know what to make of this because the reaction is reminiscent of DC’s constant damage control after doing something that doesn’t turn out well for them so we shall se. .  Lastly I'd like to pour a little something for the departure of Nigerian writer and patriot Chinua Achebe hailed as the African Shakespeare for his novel "Things fall apart" who passed away last week at 82. I'm an Ancient African History nerd so his novels were really important to me on beginning my journey toward African studies. He will be missed
And that's it's for this report so chill out and Nerd Up!.



No comments:

//