Friday, April 12, 2013

Angel Savior review 1,2,&3


Angel Savior 1,2 and 3 review
By Rachaun Rogers

“ In the beginning…”



I just took a look at the Angel savior comic written and drawn by Jason Richardson. It reminds me of Go Nagi’s Devilman, which is good; the art suits the story well but is sometimes inconsistent. The story is about a young man who is also the angel of death going to war with Hell’s legion and attempting to prevent the apocalypse. The fight scenes in this come straight out of Dragon Ball Z and manage to be over the top with out being cheesy as the cities get laid to waste and volley’s of energy fly this way and that. The book has heavy Christian overtones with scenes straight out of the Bible if you’re into that sort of thing, being neither Christian nor religious I viewed it more as an expansion of the stories mythos.








There were some interesting reveals and back-story in this series one a bit predictable and the other a nice surprise that left me wanting to know more. I found myself wanting to know more about certain things mainly why Jason descended to earth, as well as how he and Lisa met. There is another dynamic that I like in this story that I really like and would like to see more of, that is the relationship between the villains. Jason’s nemesis Animus is the son of Satan who’s half-brother Hardin is constantly battling him for the throne.  Their war is extensions of their mothers desire to be with the dark lord, a bloody battle that has been raging for ages. This is interesting to me as it gives the villains a human element that makes me a bit more invested in them than the hero at this point.





This is a good thing because every great and compelling hero has great and compelling villains that being said this has the potential to be a very interesting story and I’m looking forward to seeing how it shapes up. You can find the comics on J1studios.com in both digital and print formats.

4/5 rating









No comments:

//