Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Crisis on one earth

So i started an African Heritage Studies Club at my college last semester and now I'm graduating in 22 days so new officials must be elected, sounds easy right? Well It would be if more than half the officers did their jobs or were helpful in any way. The brunt of the work now falls on myself and the future president, which is completely unfair to her. Now when i started this everyone was new including myself so no one knew what to do, but a semester in we've done or attempted enough to know what we're doing, so why is everyone slacking off? The problem is this notion of slacking off and the mindset of apathy that goes with it is prevalent among the black community in my college, It doesn't worry me as much as It makes me angry and I know the Ancestors are angry furious I'm sure. So as tomorrow approaches I'm going to try one last time to incite a fervor in my people (I set up a power point for just such an occasion) In hopes that they will realize that nothing has really change below the surface and that we are still facing a crisis of great proportions.

No comments:

//