Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Freezing Fractures

The Freezing fractures
By Ra’Chaun Rogers
11/20/06

I landed here In the middle of winter, amidst a blizzard of my own thoughts. They flurried about like snow flakes, no two were alike. Each one that touched me gave me a glimpse’s of something I had long forgotten or suppressed. The image of a car riding toward me, the lights glaring in my eyes, the feeling of sweat and elation as I lay in a bed naked next to my ex-girlfriend, The sound of a punch landing squarely on my jaw as I hit the ground.
“Where are we?”
“This is what a disorganized mind looks like.” Sirius walked forward the strides he took left imprints in the floor. “ Follow me and we’ll begin fixing your fractured mind.”
As we trekked through the squall, I was treated to good thoughts however few they were, and the abundance of bad memories I had racked up over the years. Damn why do I have so many bad memories?
“Because you are both a victim of your own mind and the feelings of people around you.”
“You heard that?”
“Yes. Most your thoughts are shared in your own mind.” Sirius explained as he walked, not looking back at me.
“Most. Why not all?”
“Because the left hand doesn’t always want to know what the right hand is doing.”
We continued to walk through the corridor lined with lights that pulsed like synapses traveling through nerves. I caught small glimpse of what appeared to be myself, a familiar young woman, a child and some kind of monster within them.

“How much longer?” I covered my face in a feeble attempt to fend off the storm, which blew toward me.
“ We’re here.”
We stopped just in front of a small gray house in the midst of the storm, however as the flakes of fragmented thoughts melted into the house, thin crimson lines crept up the sides like hairline cracks in porcelain vase
“What’s this?”
“We are starting at your gray matter.” Sirius trotted up to a basement window and turned to call me over.
“What am I looking at?” I said as I walked over. “ Who is that?”
Staring into that little gray house I saw the body of a man laying in a pool of blood and four robed beings standing over him.
“He is or was the manifestation of your logical thought process.”
“And who are those four.”
“Those are parts of your psyche.”
I stood there staring at the four, one a short figure completely shrouded in a golden robe, who shook as he looked at the body on the floor. The one next to him wore a dark blue robe, which gave me a feeling of maternal warmth when I looked at it. The third was a large figure in a crimson robe whose broad shoulders expanded as it heaved up and down. He must have done the killing. I thought
Until I saw the fourth there was nothing special about him, he wore a green robe, which sparked a familiarity in my mind. I was lost in the feeling of kinship when, I saw emerald eyes staring at me from underneath a green shade, freezing me.
“Ahhh.” I feel to the ground a Sirius sank his teeth into my leg. “What the hell did you do that for?”
“Because he saw you, get up and leave.”
The sound of shuffling feet caused me to jump up and look in the house. “What’s going on.” I was not at all surprised when the house with the exception of the body was empty. “Where did they go?”
“Where do you think, they’re coming for you, now run.”
I had done as I was told stopping in my tracks to see if Sirius was behind me only to find his footprints and the four emerging figures. I started to run again, picking up speed like a train. My heart pounded like a piston and my lungs burned like an engine. Behind me I heard a cracking sound and a loud crash like porcelain hitting the floor. Suddenly I was plummeting in the dark. It seems I fell down another hole.

No comments:

//